Christmas Eve in Lviv
The Christmas is one of the most important holiday in Ukraine. People in Lviv carefully keep ancient traditions of Christmas celebration. When the fist star is seen in the sky (like a symbol of Christ birth) – the whole family gather for “Holly supper” which include 12 lenten dishes. Afterwards people start to sing carols and wish “Marry Christmas” to each other!
You will have a great opportunity feel amazing atmosphere of this holiday, acquaint with Ukrainian Christmas traditions , sing carols and taste traditional cuisine in Lviv – cultural capital of Ukraine !We invite you to the special Christmas Eve program (6th of January).
The program includes:
-Traditional supper: 12 dishes (Lenten) of Ukrainian cuisine;
– Vertep – theater performance dedicated to birth of Christ (in Ukrainian language);
– Singing carols – authentic songs of Christmas (in Ukrainian language).
- Herring with onion
- Marinated vegetables
- Vinegret (traditional vegetable salad) with mushrooms
- Holubtsi with potato (Ukrainian Stuffed Cabbage)
- Fried fish
- “Vushka” with mushrooms (small dumplings)
- Varenyky (dumplings) with potato and cabbage
- Pumpuh (donut) with poppy
- Uzvar (dried fruit drink)
- Mineral water
Start at 18:00, “Bank Hotel” restaurant – St.Lystopadovogo Chynu, 8