Carpathian Tram. Rocks of Dovbush. Goshiv Monastery.
Carpathian Tram is the only one narrow-gauge railway sightseeing route in Ukraine. The narrow track is 760 mm wide. It is almost twice less than the traditional one in Europe. On the route there are stops near the bridge across the Mizunka river; the spring of mineral water “Horyanka” and hunging bog “Shyrkovets”; “Dubovyj Kut” station and the cascade of the Mizunka waterfall.
The Rocks of Dovbush is a group of natural and man-made structures carved from rock in Ivano-Frankivsk Region in western Ukraine. Geologists have determined that this rock mass formed more than 70 million years ago and was situated on the bottom of a long dried-up sea. In 1981, the rocks were proclaimed as a reserve territory. Dovbush rocks have a rich and interesting history. The name of the formations comes from a leader of the opryshky movement, Oleksa Dovbush. Oleksa Dovbush is compared with a famous English folklore character – Robin Hood. The rocks are a part of the Polyanytskiy Regional Landscape Park.
Historical landmarks along the route include the ancient Goshiv monastery on the Jasna Hill. Goshiv monastery is famous for the miraculous icon of the Mother of God. Nowadays, people from all over Ukraine come to Goshiv Virgin to feel God’s mercy and grace.
- Date: on Sunday.
- Start at 8:00 AM – Lviv Suburban railway station, 179 Gorodotska street. You can buy tickets for the tour (in advance) in our office at Rynok Square, 29 (the office is located in the courtyard).
- Trip duration — 8:00-22:00
- Price (adult/children): 495/445 UAH* + entrance tickets.
- Entrance tickets:
– Dovbush Rocks (10 UAH) and shuttle to the rocks: general – 95 UAH/person, children – 55 UAH/person;
– Carpathian Tram: general – 200 UAH/person, children from 6 to 14 years old – 100 UAH/person, children under 6 years old – free of charge.
1. You can have a picnic and eat your food near the Dovbush Rocks, while driving on the Carpathian Tram or during stops of the Carpathian tram (20-30 min).
2. Cafe “Vigoda” in the village of Vyhoda, suggested menu: salad of young cabbage, Galician beetroot soup, mashed potatoes, meatballs in mushroom sauce, stewed fruit or tea, bread. Cost of the dinner – 130 UAH/person.
+38 067 67 42 42 6
+38 050 622 31 51
+38 063 72 72 477
Address: Lviv, Rynok Square, 29 (office in the courtyard – Andreolli Passage).
9 am to 8 pm (Monday-Saturday).
9 am to 5 pm (Sunday).
*You join a group with Ukrainian speaking guide (we provide you with printed information in English language).
comments powered by HyperComments