Synevyr Lake. Shypit Waterfall. Gemba Mountain
Shypit Waterfall is one of the most beautiful in Transcarpathia, situated on the northern slopes of the mountain group Polonyna Borzhava at the foot of Mountain Gemba.The total height is 14 meters. The name “Shypit ” means “whisper”, because you can hear the echo of falling water far from the waterfall.
Gemba Mountain is one of the highest mountains of Polonyna Borzhava Massif. It is the second highest ski resort in Ukraine after Drahobrat. Geographical location: south-west part of the massif in the Transcarpathia, in Synevyr National Nature Park. The mountain height is 1498 m.
There is chairlift to the Gymba Mountain so you can lift up and enjoy picturesque view of Transcarpathia mountains.
Synevyr lake is the largest lake in the Carpathian Mountains of Ukraine. It is located in Mizhhiria district, Transcarpathia region, not far from the village of Synevyr Poliana. It is part of the National natural preserve “Synevyr”, which was established in 1989. Scientists estimate that the lake formed about ten thousand years ago. In 2008, the lake was recognized as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of Ukraine.
Entrance tickets (adult/children):
– Shypit waterfall: 10 UAH/ free.
– Synevyr Lake: 25 UAH/ 10 UAH.
– chairlift to the Mountain Hymba: 120 UAH/ 80 UAH.
*You join group with Ukrainian speaking guide (we provide you with printed information in English/ Polish language).
- Start at 6:40 AM – Halytska Square, near the monument to King Danylo Halytskyi. You can buy tickets for tour (in advance) in our office at Rynok Square, 29 (the office is located in the courtyard).
- Trip duration — 7:00–23:00.
comments powered by HyperComments