Tustan rocks. Kamyanka waterfall.
Kamyanka waterfall. It is a monument of geology, located on Kamyanka river, 550 m above the sea level. The waterfall was formed as a result of breaking the mountain range. The height of the cascade is almost 7 m. It is divided by rocky ledges into two main parts — the higher and the lower ones.
Tustan fortress. The original wooden fortifications dates back to the 9th century. The wooden structure was built into ancient rock formations to protect the borders of Kievan Rus’ from wild hordes. The fortress also served as a customs point along the Silk Road between China and Portugal. Tustan is wooden fortification complex that has no analogues in Europe. The original wooden fortifications were built in the IX century. It did not preserve till nowadays, simply because the wooden castles of those times did not survive anywhere else. Nowadays, you can visit the festival of medieval culture , music and tradition that take place here in summer.
Not far from this waterfall on the right side of the valley in the forest there is a very beautiful lake with dark, almost black water, which is known by various names Dead Lake, Cranberry Lake, Sea Eye Lake. It was formed by a landslide that blocked the channel of a small stream. The water is very rich in hydrogen sulfide, so there is no live organisms in it. The lake is surrounded by moss and sedge.
- Price (adult/children)* — 400/ 350 UAH + entrance tickets.
- Entrance tickets (adult/children):
- 50/25 UAH – “Tustan -historical and cultural reserve”.
- 10/5 UAH – Kamyanka waterfall.
*You join group with Ukrainian speaking guide (we provide you with printed information in English/ Polish language).
- Start at 8:40 a.m.– Halytska Square, near the monument to King Danylo Halytskyi. You can buy tickets for tour (in advance) in our office at Rynok Square, 29 (the office is located in the courtyard).
- Trip duration — 9:00–19:00
comments powered by HyperComments