Lviv Opera House is one of the most beautiful Opera Houses in Ukraine and Europe. The theatre was built by famous Austrian architect Zygmunt Gorgolewski in marvelous Renaissance, Baroque and Art Nouveau style. You will be impressed by rich theatre interior; rooms are decorated with gold, marble of different colors and decorative paintings, massive chandeliers, moldings, carvings and sculptures. Several kilos of gold were used for decoration. Auditorium consists of 4 tiers and has a shape of lyre that was painted by ten artists. Tourists pay special attention for the Mirror Room that is equipped with huge mirrors, but the main adornment of Opera House is curtain “Parnassus” that is considered like the most unique artistic creation in Lviv. “Parnassus” was painted in Rome at the end of the 19th century especially for the Lviv Opera House.
Are you impressed? So you must see it by your own!
- Duration of excursion — 1 hour.
- Price — 70 UAH per person (Group excursion is held in Ukrainian language).
- Price in English language (individual excursion) — 300 UAH per hour.
- Meeting place – Rynok Square, 29 (courtyard, office “Andreolli-tour).
- Entrance ticket – 40 UAH.
comments powered by HyperComments